[Reader-list] Re: Reader-list digest, Vol 1 #127 - 2 msgs

Joy Chatterjee joy at sarai.net
Mon Aug 6 18:08:00 IST 2001

First of all, I am talking about India, not US and what US is I am least
interested to know. And who carries what; caste and race; work
intensity&work culture;  my country/your country these are many debatable
issues, lets not get into it.

I think to fight evil one should not go back to evil and complain against
another evil. I think that is more than stupidity and shallowness.

"Free" software people should have clear idea what freedom is. Freedom of
knowledge will be of no use till "Beer(Beer for product not drink)" is
free. Who will make it free for them? US or Indian state? I teach a bunch
of kids who live in such a place where poverty, disease and death live
together. What freedom of information will do to them? And who will provide
them the freedom of living? So I meant, talk of community when I said "that
might help it to grow in indian society(not market)". Let MS and State
dance around the market let us think about the society which has nothing to
do with the market because they don't have money to participate the party
of market econony.

Joy