[Reader-list] job-market or brain-market?

Boud Roukema boud_roukema at camk.edu.pl
Fri Aug 31 17:01:40 IST 2001

Dear R.Chaudhuri,
> (1)That one gets acquainted to new words & interesting
> concepts(atleast for some of us) within the throng of postings sent by
> electronic mail to Members on the Sarai Readers List.For Exmple:"the
> complex interiority of a person" was oneof them;

Here is a word/concept that's come up in a discussion at:

http://india.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=186

We hear a lot about the "job market", e.g. for students.

The reality may be the "brain market": it's business & industry that
make the biggest profits from university education - since they "buy
brains" and earn high monetary profits from them (much more than the
brains' average salaries), surely they ought to fund the training of
these brains - so that student fees remain unchanged.

Boud