[Reader-list] 1987...Kashmir in the times of peace...

abir bazaz abirbazaz at rediffmail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:12:22 IST 2001

Yes,the attatchment got dropped off.I'll try and post the picture...it is by Mehrajuddin,the Valley's valiant news photographer...the photograph and the accompanying text is from rediff.com :

Police harassment in 1987. The gentlemen supervising the exercise are Criminal Investigation Department officials. "Youths were regularly stripped and paraded," recollects Meraj-ud-din.