[Reader-list] Globalization is the URGE to UNIFY technology.

Steef Heus Steef at CwaC.nl
Tue Jul 31 14:07:37 IST 2001

Hi,
just play the devils advocate. See my REMARKS between the lines.

Steef

.....People will never starve who deal with technology because, like cream,
technologists float to the top.
http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT35Q8O7RPC&liv
e=true&tagid=ZZZPCGI2B0C&subheading=telecoms
......Therefore, it becomes the duty of technologists to support all the
people underneath, they CAN.
I CAN THINK OF A LOT OF OTHER PROFESSIONS AND INTERESTING 'DUTIES'

......Simple filling one's house with "goodies" is not the path to ascension
or enlightenment.
NO ONE SAYS IT IS, BUT IT CAN BE GREAT FUN

......Many "ordinary" jobs go begging so programmers can ply their trades.
......Many households are thrown out of work, so programmers can hook up the
planet into a single nervous system.
YEAH, GREAT! I THINK BILL GATES LIKES THIS ONE AND IS MAKING SERIOUS
ATTEMPTS TO GET IT IN PLACE. AND HE IS STRONGLY CRITISIZED ON THAT

......It behooves us all, who have work, to support those who don't.
......Or God, Who gave us the idea of technology, the desire to synthesize
it, and the means to do the work, will find us lacking in character and
remove us from our places, roles and rewards.
YEAH, THAT'LL BE THE DAY..... I THINK THERE ARE SOME MORE SERIOUS ISSUES
THAT SHOULD HAVE TRIGGERED GOD (IF ANY) CENTURIES AGO...

......What goes around, must come back to our families who supported us.
......Let's NOT let the desire to CONSUME strip us also of our
responsibilities and commitments to others.
chaiyah