[Reader-list] why we like to download

Monica Narula monica at sarai.net
Tue May 22 13:06:10 IST 2001

I have requested Shuddha to excerpt and post on the reader list from
his reading at the url that Jospehine Bosma mentioned.

For some people on the list this might seem like a strange thing to
do - after all anyone can go check out things on the url themselves.
However, i think it might be relevant for many on the list who are
located in places where low bandwidth, erratic connectivity and high
costs might deter them from reading online. The fact that a listserv
is basically downloadable email based is also perhaps why many people
would join a discussion list - at least that's a reason why i have
joined lists!

I would request all those people who send in urls to also give some
excerpts and annotations for those not so wired...

cheers
Monica
--
Monica Narula