[Reader-list] anti-war campaign

Suchita Vemuri suchita at del6.vsnl.net.in
Thu Oct 4 19:54:12 IST 2001

excellent commentary (jeebesh's) on the present. taking his comment
forward -- what thoughts on methods to take solidarity forward? i've been
listening to people "ask" for this, but together, the overwhelming majority
refuse to accept a minimum common platform, instead want all their "pure"
messages incorporated so that only a handful of the "pure" can possibly be
part of the solidarity. -- recently some people had a peace vigil at the raj
ghat in delhi -- 200 attended and they were all very pleased with themselves
that "so many" had come and what a "good" demonstration it was!! 200 in a
city of 13 million !!

what shocks me is how blind the "pure" are -- so, once again, any thoughts
on how to get a solidarity move going? -- the danger (and, fear) of communal
strife in india is more awful / fearful today than it has been in a long
time -- maybe as bad or worse han it was at the time of the ayodhya
demolition and the bbay riots after -- s