[Reader-list] Colour of a journalist !!!

s choudhary smitashu at vsnl.com
Wed Oct 24 22:51:21 IST 2001

Dear friends,

Here I am raising a Journalist's right issue which is related to this
ongoing war.
Pakistan, which is a very important ally of US and UK in this war has taken
a decision not to allow Indian journalists or journalists of Indian origin
 of any nationality including British) their visas.
There are some journalists working for an organisation ( eg- BBC like me)
who were denied visas due to their country of origin or the color of
passport they carry.

Unfortunately we have been told this is a war to safeguard "democracy and
freedom" !!!

Please feel free to come to me if you need any more information.
I will be grateful if you could raise the issue at your forum.

With regards

Shubhranshu Choudhary
Asstt. Bureau Producer
BBC South Asia Bureau