[Reader-list] Fw: Red Cross bldg intentionally bombed

Boud Roukema boud_roukema at camk.edu.pl
Wed Oct 31 23:38:09 IST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Geeta Patel wrote:

> > > It's amazing how hard you have to work to follow news
> > > of the US bombing campaign.  Stories appear and then
> > > disappear before you know it.

Thank you for spotting this and circulating it. I recommend to anyone
who has some local disk space or even just a floppy of 1.4Mb to locally
store html refs and key excerpts of files they find most important.

If you store files as "text" and avoid html/postscript/MSWord formats
etc. you can store a hell of a lot in just a plain 1.4Mb diskette!

> > > http://www.msnbc.com/news/627086.asp
I can't find the quotation on this site.

But I found the equivalent here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10762-2001Oct30.html

> As for the war, if Jim Miklaszewski is right, the Pentagon could be
> facing a bit of a credibility gap. The United States has said that its
> bombing of a Red Cross warehouse on two different occasions was an
> accident. But the NBC correspondent last night quoted a senior
> military source as saying the bombing was deliberate because Taliban
> forces were stealing food from the warehouse. Which, if true, would
> render the original explanation, well, inoperative.

Also here:
http://www.mediaresearch.org/news/cyberalert/2001/cyb20011030.asp

BTW, you might like this reference to a Reuters article on the
Talibans' offer to extradite bin Laden Jr to a neutral country:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011014/wl/attack_afghan_court_dc_3.html

The Lockerbie trial went ahead in a neutral country. Why not a trial
of bin Laden Jr?

And a trial of Bush Jr in a neutral country, of course! Anyone know if
the US has accepted to extradite Bush Jr?