[Reader-list] People and Power

philip pocock Philip.Pocock at t-online.de
Tue Sep 18 14:40:08 IST 2001

Shuddhabrata Sengupta wrote:

> Let us not identify people with governments anywhere.Not here, not in
> Afghanistan or Pakistan, and not in the United States.

as a canadian with a green card, 16 years in us, with an irish passport and
permanent status in europe for 10 year i agree with this elegant statement of
what has in my mind been in the hearts of all politically mindful peoples, not
those seeking to hide urges for power behind some fabric of ideology, as has
been said.

the political spirit which underlies any provisional ideology. and it is a time
for solidarity, meaning identiyt not identicalness, on this level.