[Reader-list] just a suggestion

Monica Narula monica at sarai.net
Wed Sep 19 12:57:02 IST 2001

Dear Jo and Tarun,

Thankyou for suggesting that we all use urls - i agree that would
make for lighter mailboxes - but as Geert has pointed out (and as i
said in a posting many moons ago), there are many members who
would/could not go online to read.

May i request here that could you please - and this is for other
members as well - delete the original email when you hit Reply?
(unless of course it is relevant to what you are writing). That would
definitely also make for lighter mailboxes.

I would also request members to try and clean up forwards as much as
possible!! Also, please do not forward attachments, but ensure that
the email that you are forwarding is inline text. (especially useful
to check if you are sending from yahoo/hotmail/etc. mailboxes.)

best
Monica Narula
List Administrator

At 12:55 PM +1000 19/9/01, geert wrote:
>Jo and Tarun wrote:
>
>>   If we could just provide URLs of the essays one is quoting rather than
>reproduce them in all their glory, we would make the list more functional
>and friendly.
>
>I have to disagree here. I am online only few times a day on a slow dialup
>connection. If people copy-paste texts into a mail that's a great help to me
>as the chance that I will go online, find the site and wait for the info to
>be downloaded is rather slim.
>
>Best, Geert

Monica Narula
Sarai:The New Media Initiative