[Reader-list] RE: Fw: THE BURDEN OF SANITY

Wallace, Paul WallaceP at missouri.edu
Thu Sep 20 21:29:49 IST 2001

Excellent points.  I'm very familiar with the many incidents of bigotry as
reported in our media against Muslims as well as against other identities
that are considered to be Muslim.  On the other hand, I also have been very
active with the media in the state of Missouri averaging about five
interviews and/or live presentations a day since I teach terrorism.  I do
hear outrageous statements, but without exception the talk show host or
whoever is responsible hasn't hesitated to put the person down for unfairly
stereotyping.  The language is basic: e.g. "a few bad apples down't spoil a
barrell" or "you're playing into the terrorist's hands."  My major concern
is about the actions of our government and its allies in regard to military
actions.  The situation can become much worse.

 Prof. Paul Wallace
 Dept. of Political Science
 University of Missouri
 Columbia, Missouri 65211-6030