[Reader-list] San Francisco Anti-War Report

Jeebesh Bagchi jeebesh at sarai.net
Sun Sep 30 18:46:48 IST 2001

Following from Ravi's posting on anti-war protest in Washington, am posting a
note on a similar protest in San Francisco.

Cheers
Jeebesh
-----------------
Subject: [generation_online] San Francisco Anti-War Report
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:43:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com>
To: generation_online at yahoogroups.com

I am happy to report that in a hastily organized protest, 15,000 people
marched in San Francisco in an anti-war demonstration today.  There is to be
another demonstration - with more time to organize it- in two weeks and that
should be much bigger.

I know there were other protests scheduled around the US and the world today,
and I would be happy to hear about those.

Thomas

=====
<<The concept of Empire is presented as a global concert
  under the direction of a single conductor, a unitary power
  that maintains the social peace and produces its ethical
  truths.  And in order to achieve these ends,the single
  power is given the necessary force to conduct, when
  necessary, "just wars" at the borders against
  the barbarians and internally against the rebellious>> Hardt & Negri
 "Empire"