[Reader-list] Ten Tips on How to Be an Arafat Apologist

Yazad Jal yazad_acl at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 14:57:37 IST 2002

http://www.frontpagemag.com/columnists/glazov/2002/glazov04-11-02.htm

Ten Tips on How to Be an Arafat Apologist
FrontPageMagazine.com | April 11, 2002
By: Jamie Glazov

WITH ALL OF THE EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that has now confirmed, beyond any reasonable doubt, Arafat�s terrorist connections and duplicitous behavior vis-�-vis Israel, it has become impossible for Arafat�s apologists to make any legitimate excuses for their hero.  I know a number of academics and writers that have become extremely depressed because of this situation.  Having based their entire lives and professional careers on blaming Israel for any and every sparrow that fell from the sky, they have now lost the will to live.  I feel sorry for these pathetic people.

I have decided to come forward to help the individuals who want to continue championing Yasser Arafat but simply don�t know how.

Seeing that I have dedicated most of my adult life to observing and dissecting the psychotic mindset that it takes to blame Israel for the conflict in Palestine, I know exactly what it takes to be an Arafat supporter.  Even in these difficult times, I can teach an individual how to effectively defend Arafat and the Palestinian Authority �- even if the entire charade is filled with specious nonsense and lies.

I have created ten tips on how to be an Arafat apologist.  They come with an easy to follow step-by-step guide.  All you have to do is fertilize your personal dedication to anti-Semitism and then simply allow yourself to become as delusional as humanly possible.

The video infomercial for these tips should be coming out next month on television stations across the United States.  Meanwhile, here is the basic outline for all those Jew-haters who have dedicated their lives to blaming Israel for every Arab terrorist act but thought that doing so was no longer possible:

Tip #1 � Imagine that the Palestinians are fighting for a homeland that was taken away from them by the evil Jews.

That�s right.  The foundation to becoming and remaining a faithful pro-Arafat enthusiast is to intoxicate yourself with the belief that the Palestinians actually once owned a homeland that was, in turn, stolen by the greedy and parasitic Jews.

While trying to convince yourself of this fantasy, ignore the historical fact that the Palestine Mandate was never a nation, let alone even a political entity of any kind.  It was a "mandate" that was created by the British from the remnants of the Turkish Empire after World War I.  10% of it was given to the Jews and 90% was given to the Palestinian Arabs.

The key here is that you should never worry about where 90% of Palestine actually is.  Just obsess with the miniscule tiny bit of land that the Israelis "occupy" now.  It�s not important that this land was never officially "owned" by anyone in the first place.

You should also never reflect on whether all of your rage and hatred on this issue is proportional to the fact that Israel consists of 1% of the land in the Middle East.

Just get really angry that Israel is on territory that you think should be given to the Palestinians.  And because you think this, then it automatically makes it right and historically correct.

You should never wonder how your moral indignation on this issue fits with your complete indifference to the fact that Jordan occupies 80% of the land that made up the original Palestine Mandate.  So if you really cared about the Palestinians, you would obviously be focusing your energy on protesting the crime being perpetrated by the Jordanians against the Palestinians.  But the key here is that, well, deep down, you don�t really care about the Palestinians -� and neither should you.  You must never admit this, but the Palestinians are only there for you to cynically exploit as pawns in your contributory effort to finish off what Adolph Hitler started.

That�s right.  You know what I�m talking about.  And even the Palestinians are in on this with you.  I mean, think about it: if the Palestinians themselves really cared about getting a homeland, don�t you think that they would be screaming about -- and fighting for -- the land that Jordan occupies?  Don�t you think it is somewhat curious that Jordan has never, even for a second, been the target of a Palestine liberation movement?

Don�t you think it is a little bit curious that, in 1948, the Palestinian Arabs rejected an international resolution that would have established a Palestinian state, and instead focused all of their energies on destroying the new Jewish state?

You�re starting to get the picture now, right?

So be a smart and clever Arafat apologist.  The overall objective of your life should be facilitating the killing of Jews and destroying the state of Israel.  The last thing you should be doing is worrying about the Palestinians.  At the same time, however, in terms of what you actually say in public, you must always discuss the Middle East "problem" on the assumption that you are agonizing over the Palestinians� plight and how their entire "homeland" somehow lies in tiny little Israel.

It is also a very good idea that you always refer to the myth of how the Jews "stole" the Palestinian "homeland" in passing, because then it makes its reality appear to be a given.  You can�t believe how effective this ploy can be, especially in the midst of people who know nothing about Middle East history.

So believe in yourself and just do it!

Tip #2 � Never question the cause of Palestinian terror.

Every time that a Palestinian blows himself up along with innocent Jewish civilians, including babies in carriages, you should shake your head in despair and say things like, "That poor Palestinian.  But he simply had no choice.  The Israelis have pushed his people beyond their means."

You should always say things like this with a tone that implies that the "Israeli occupation" is the most oppressive reality in the world.  Say things like, "The Israelis are doing to the Palestinians what the Nazis did to them."  Follow this up with sentences like, "The Jews have obviously forced the Palestinians into terrorism."

When you mouth these slogans, make sure to have a serious and sincere look on your face, otherwise the asininity of what you are saying might become more easily discernable.  Maintaining a sober facial expression can be made easier if you convince yourself that the wars of 1973 and 1967 are irrelevant to the subject at hand.

Before Israel was attacked in 1973, it occupied less of the land that is now in dispute, and before 1967, it occupied none of it.  In other words, the Arab terror that was unleashed against Israel in 1967 had nothing to do with the Israeli "occupation" of the West Bank and Gaza Strip because the "occupation" did not exist.