[Reader-list] INDIAN MUSLIMS FOR PEACE

shohini shohini at giasdl01.vsnl.net.in
Sun Apr 14 08:41:51 IST 2002

The following posting is from INDIAN  MUSLIMS FOR PEACE.

Dear friends

Looking at today's newspapers, you (assuming that you are an Indian Muslim) must have realized that you are a Jehadi, according to the Prime Minister Mr. Vajpai. Look at some of his comments in yesterday's BJP meet at Goa:

"Wherever there are Muslims, they do not want to live with others (who practise different faiths). Instead of living peacefully, they want to preach and propagate their religion by creating fear and terror in the minds of others.''

''No one should challenge us about India's secularism and no one should teach us about tolerance...We were secular even in the early days when Muslims and Christians were not here. We have allowed them to do their prayers and follow their religion. No one should teach us about secularism.''

Earlier, in the RSS meet in Bangalore, they have already told the muslims to beg the hindus for their favour and goodwill etc. for survival. The point is that all these comments and speaches are giving a very wrong message to the people at large, and since not very many muslims are speaking up against them, things are getting worse. How long can we sit and tolerate being dubbed the Jihadis whereas most Indian muslims wish to live in this country peacefully. Shouldn't we stand up and talk to the prime minister and the BJP govt. directly and ask for explaination.

We request all of you to please come for a rally of Indian Muslims who want peace, that we are planning in the near future in Delhi - to take a memorandum of protest against what his govt. is doing. Please keep in touch for a final date for this rally. And kindly visit this website for more details. Also send us contact details and emails of Indian muslims who want a peaceful livelihood in India. The site is: http://indianmuslim.sphosting.com/

Kindly give your suggestions, and forward this mail to more interested people.

Yousuf Saeed, M. Naim, Sabia Khan and others
Indian Muslims for Peace

http://indianmuslim.sphosting