[Reader-list] To Sir(S) with Thoughts

Dr. Reyhan Chaudhuri reyhanchaudhuri at id.eth.net
Fri Apr 19 01:17:42 IST 2002

Dear Mr.J.Chaudhuri,
I read with great interest your inbox droppings.This is because (at the cost of sounding unpatriotic to some) I strongly feel in many ways English may be the language if not the only language that can save us.It is already you shall agree,well on it's way to becoming language of the world if not the cyberscape;
However I beg to disagree with your friend from Bangladesh Mr.Chisti about Muslims not taking to the angrezi bhasha with the same fervour.There was an equally large proportion babucized among Muslims(I have a monstrously large matriarchal  ancestral clan to vouch for that ).However during partition most of them if not nearly all, chose to or were preforced to (depends on the way you look at it) drive through the desert into the new country.It is common knowledge they became the new intellegentisia and began to run or manage key corners of education,public works,economic corporations.The white collar working class created a new, hardly snobbish elite, where  the only remaining elite  had been the feudal landowners and the military machines.You may yourself have heard of the remark ,"How the cream went off at Partition and the remaining ones to lead and steer the muslim community intelligently were woefully inadequate.Hence some  terribly misguided self-defeating souls took the helm leading to the morass today.Of an actually very creative and equally capable community;
Yrs Informatively,
R.Chaudhuri.