[Reader-list] India:A miracle?

Jyotirmoy Chaudhuri jchaudhuri at mantraonline.com
Sun Aug 18 19:14:36 IST 2002

Dear R. Chaudhuri,

It is nice to see you back on the waves. As you see, the list has been
having a long siesta. I am happy that Mr Friedman thinks that Bharat is a
great place, but somehow, his article gives me the sense that he is part of
the liberal US brigade who have been saying that Islam has no self-critique
... 'If Islam is ever to undergo a reformation, as Christianity and
Judaism did, it¹s only going to happen in a Muslim democracy.'

Regards,
Jyoti