[Reader-list] Polite fanatics..the backbones of fascism

Lehar .. lehar_hind at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 01:07:43 IST 2002

Polite fanatics..the backbones of fascism
Lehar.

O Judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their Reason..
Yet, Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all.. All honourable men.
- William Shakespeare

Today my own aunt had an experience with a jehadi/
fundamentalist in a Delhi Univ. office..
You wonder what such a person be doing in such a
hallowed place..? Didn’t they lock him up..?

The man harassed her for 3 weeks.. driving her, a lady
in her 50s to the point of distraction and refusing
budge from his stubborn unrelenting hostility ..
without any reason whatsoever..
He was a respectable clerk in the admin dept of Delhi
college..and she was there to collect  copies of her
daughter’s papers - an ex topping student.. passing
with honors from that college more than 5 yr. ago. He
was rude, angry and unrelenting in his hostility to
not help her.. and didn’t care if she begged and
pleaded for just the copy of old marksheets..knowing
her deadline told her to come after 1 month to collect
them! He simply refused to speak with her..and shouted
each time she went to his desk..!

For she said, he beat all the jehadi and ..in his
sheer harassment and unrelenting threatening
postures..
When at the end of her tether, my aunt finally told
him that she too was a Delhi Univ. Professor..
teaching in one of its oldest colleges, he hissed..’so
they started hiring musalmans there..!
My aunt sat stunned.
She had no idea this was a communal jehad being waged
against her..for the last 3 weeks.. driving her to
distraction..
‘I am not a Muslim'
‘Then what is this..’ he flung a sheet in front of
her..hissing with hate..showing her half-Hindu
half-Muslim surname.. the pride of her Indian
identity.
My aunt .. a firebrand secular Hindu.. ..who had
insisted on wearing bindis in 'sensitive' areas during
the Babri riots and known to shut up both Hindu and
Muslim fundamentalists alike, said politely,
‘But what makes you think I am Muslim.and even if I
was .’
‘All of Them are intolerant..We are only more
tolerant..’
My aunt politely told him,…that there were good and
bad people in all religions etc. and so forth.. and
but he was adamant and still refused to help her in
anyway.
‘We are more tolerant.. and peaceful..’
My aunt picked up her things quietly.. ‘ I can see
that’ and walked out.
--

I am sure Mr. Admin is an honourable/ respectable
man.. he has a nice house, not blown up with mortars
and has never fallen into the hands of psychopath
terrorists – to be brainwashed with opium, jehad and
CIA dollars.. he is not in refugee camp or a victim of
police atrocities.. to unsuspectingly fall into the
‘wrong’/ moronic terrorist’s hands… he is what he is.
A respectable married man.. with two grown up
daughters and respectable dowry of fridge and TV and a
wife who gives him chai and kachori everyday after he
returns home from his 30 yr old secure govt. job..and
yet He- is more dangerous than the trained drugged
terrorist/suicide squads. For you can identify
them..smoke em out..jail them.. send them to vipassana
camps.. convert them( the now well tried and
successful ‘convicts converting’ adage)..But what can
you do about Mr. Admin..?

This group of ‘respectable fanatics’ is rampant..they
will be dressed in babu clothes.. (read T-shirt) Pant
shirt,. Jeans.. speak impeccable English.. praise
America and have tea at the right time..some of them
are IIM graduates wearing designer labels and
discussing the ‘Expediency of creating Value’.. but
talk to them abt harmony..and they start on anti Sikh
jokes/ why 84 was good for ‘em.. and circumcision..or
get vehement,, and say that we should nuke ‘em all..
You know who I am talking abt.. Some even have the WTC
in front of their computers..screensavers..( on asking
they tell you that they never been to the States and
don’t have anyone there..)
My own cousin.. a ‘respectable’ married NRI sent me
emails on toilet habits of Muslims.. and their
‘suicidal’ ‘tendencies’  ..having grown up and studied
medicine in some of the ‘best’ schools in India.. and
now a married to a Harvard educated Indian.
That’s when I realized that jehadis are not just bred
in terrorist camps on mountain borders..and they
necessarily carry guns and ak47s..
These/there are jehadis who .. are more dangerous than
the armed ones.. for you cannot pinpoint them..make no
mistake.. You Can’t..!

They are the people who raped their neighbors in
Gujarat and then went out for a party to
Mcdonalds..they Love America (their version of it.. a
place which grows dollars..and not the place which
still has a degree of openness and tolerance.. and a
public who’s not been been brainwashed by propaganda
into shooting every immigrant.. black, Indian or
Chinese..dead. it’s a place where even Dubyaman
declared within hours of 9/11 that all immigrants
would be safe..including our honourable men..and made
sure they were.. unlike his counterparts on our side
of the planet..).. and can burn a few Indians – Hindus
and Muslims for it.
It is these who drove in their cars peacefully..while
Jews where being boiled alive a few kms away  in
Auschwitz/concentration camps..
They are civilised people of this world.. who do not
take stands and just know how to indulge in
respectable hate..(but hatred is never respectable..)
They are the ones who fund hatred with ‘respectably’
earned foreign exchange and no CIA goes after
them..they are the Al Qaeda of incognito.

And no one knows how many assets they own or fund.
Recent reports exposed the key role expat dollars
played in destabilising India.. and riots made with
misdirected NRI money..( as the poem goes: they are
Indians to the core..but will not live on Indian soil-
they love the dollar more.. ) but they will fund
temples/ mosques of hate and genocide.. living away
from Indian borders and being subservient to the
‘Western’ way.. and even insulting their own freedom
struggle to maintain that ‘green card’ friendly image
in front of their bosses.. they don’t like Gandhi
anyway..(and thank god they weren’t so many of them
during the freedom struggle, we couldn’t possibly have
been freed with such a mindset..) but don’t Even seem
to care about our freedom ( as the poem goes again:
they live in Christian land.. but why Christians in
Indian soil maybe bashed, they thoroughly
understand).. perhaps it was better the Brits were
ruling us..at least you could get imported goods
cheaper.. and go to London more easily..( than under
that Gandhi raj..)

Talk to them about Parsis and Jews and they are
like..who cares about them..? They aren’t even enough
in number..! So there you are..!
You see, if they.. Jews and Parsis were more..they
would probably be the ‘baddies’.! What matters is
that’ the other;’ has to be ‘large’ enough.. to
hate..to decimate..as they know very well now in India
post Feb 27.
Otherwise he or she is just a small fry.. what’s the
point of genocide anyway..? When there are not enough
of ‘them’..they have to be in large populations..hence
the myths which float around. Never mind if all
available data contradicts the hate
propaganda/population myths.
Hitler did this for 10yrs till people stared believing
everything he said..’Everything is the Fault of the
Jews..’ His minister of propaganda Goebells (hence the
phrase Goebellisian lie) made it their party’s dharma
and creed.. ‘ Repeat a lie long enough..and it becomes
the truth’

But you talk about listening to Reason. Reason is the
tool of pseudo secularists and commies..Reason that’s
fled to brutish beasts. As Mark Antony said 3000 yrs
ago in a fanatically charged Rome- its democracy
usurped by ‘nationalists’ acting in the ‘Public
Interest’.
Beware.. the Ides of March says the soothsayer..!

Never mind that sati temples and the kitchen, children
(kuche, kinder) philosophy of the Fuherer/ Herr Hitler
is being applied with increasing ferocity in
India..see the desperate dying bahus in TV serials and
the molested medical students on Delhi’s streets..a
(consolidated) attempt to drive women back to their ‘
original/real place’ is in tow.. No more Udaans of IPS
officers for us, Gentlemen (boring old DD ishtyle)..We
will only be good bahus- kyunki, saas bhi..and good
cabaret dancers, as 24 hour- 7 day TV channels tell us
to be. In this cool, Miss World gadgeted.. techno
savvy age.
(Teach these babes a lesson, the ‘desi’ educated men
say.. 80% of molesters are ‘educated middle class men’
scream the polls)

My corporate colleague who sexually harassed dozens of
colleagues and got away with 2 extramarital affairs
proudly boasted ..’My wife is a real bhartiya
nari..’and openly brought his Mein Kampf to office. He
was a keen basher of all psuedo-secularists who dared
contradict him..and endorsed nuking ‘em all../ am old
guard of the nuke em all school.(along with a bunch of
underhand deals..) and yes..he is an honorable man.
Yes Brutus, as They are all honourable men.

With all their civilised vehemence..one has no hopes
from them when the fascists ride.. they will politely
turn away their coifured noses.. and carry on fund
raising for their electronic/online prayers or latest
weddings..mercedes..( yikes..That German car..!)
(Green card) in tow. We were the poor Indian relatives
anyway.. dispensable as the Gillette shavers.. which
are so cheap to buy now.

You cannot wage a war again them..you cannot prosecute
them..no peacefully negotiations work with them.. and
no arms talks.
They are polite ..
They are the backbone of fascism.

One thinks of that immortal speech . more relevant 500
yrs after it was written::

I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed
with the same food, hurt with the same weapons,
subject to the same diseases, healed by the same
means, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not
bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you
poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall
we not revenge??
If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you
in that.. The villany you teach me, I will execute..'

This is not a speech. This is a warning from history.
A history which is coming true as we speak. A
history..prejudice.. which is the root of all the
upheaval in the world today..
Hiroshima was an expression of it and it destroyed the
same Nazis who perpetrated it.
A prejudice.. which cries out to be dispensed with..
before it too late..Hindus, Germans, Muslims, Jews
alike..for all of us.. Let us not yield to it.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
- Shakepeare
anf finally..
Love's Creed is separate from all religions.
The Creed and Denomination of Lovers is God.
Multiplicity exists in the separate grapes,
But it cannot be found in the juice that comes from
the grape!
-Rumi

***
Lehar..December 2002.