[Reader-list] Questions from a fascist

Anjali Sagar anjalisaga at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Dec 15 00:51:08 IST 2002

Dear all ,
Sorry for sending this bad language but I received these mails from this guy
Sanjay Bhatia and  I have no idea how he got my email , or how he started
receiving my mails from another list I have called Multitudes.  I found his
initial tone offensive and therefore probably responded childishly -however
it just proves the racism within the American Indian Diaspora is at large .
The below is the last email this idiot sent and following are the previous
mails and my responses.
Best
Anjalika Sagar

LAST EMAIL

Wow - I thought left wing trash was too touchy feely to get pissed off like
this.  Fuck off?  I've heard your mom use that word while asking me to fuck
her
brains out.  But you?? Perhaps you're not getting enough muslim cock in your
diseased cunt you fucking whore!  You fucking beggar from the streets of
India.. you'll never improve.  Now go fuck yourself.

sb

> on 14/12/02 4:12 am, Sanjay Bhatia at sbix at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > And I'm an American Indian living in the US.
>
> Good for you
> >
> > Did you hear of any brutality of the Muslims in Pakistan against the
> Hindus?
> > The problem I have with your approach is that it is racist in itself!
> Hindus
> > commit brutal acts against Muslims (or other Minorities) and it must make
> the
> > headlines.  Muslims do the same, but that's ok because Hindus are a
> majority
> > in
> > the Indian sub-continent!  Brilliant! - Grow up
> >
> >> Prejudice comes from all sides - India's social structure is dependent
> >> prejudice. Prejudice has often been acquired by those who are angry and
> have
> >> been racially abused -  is that such a shock to you - study Malcolm X in
> his
> >> early years. Also where were you guys when whites started throwing petrol
> >> bombs into British Asians homes in the 1960's?
> >> Silly to blame don't you think
> >
> > For all your phoney interlectualism -you can't spell intellectual about
> this
> matter - I just wish you at
> > least tried to be unbiased.  White guys bombing British Asians - I wasn't
> born
> > in the 60s.  But I would condemn it just as much as brutal acts by any
> group
> > against another.
> >
> > Also, you may be interested in knowing this - I was in England for about 6
> > weeks in 1999 watching the Cricket world cup games.  At the India Pakistan
> > game, we saw Indian fans with split skulls (no doubt inflicted upon
> themselves
> > or by the Pakistani fans upon request).  We saw Indian fans being pushed
> > around
> > for no reason after the game.  Every game that Pakistan played required
> horse
> > mounted police personel riding to keep calm (I mean every single game).  No
> > doubt it must have skipped your attention.  But why is it that you don't
> write
> > about such events?  Why don't you write about such events from your racist
> perspective and hand it around to your equally racist Hindu American friends
> - also I am not interested in Cricket. I'm sure the Zimbabwean and South
> African fans would
> > appreciate it tremendously!
> >
> > Finally - you have the liberty to think the way you do because of your
> Hindu
> > upbringing.  As bad as the Hindus are, they believe in the freedom of
> > expression.  I'd love to meet a Muslim hatemonger doing some of the stuff
> > you're doing.
> > I was never brought up as a Hindu - don't email me again you are too stupid
> deal with - also I don't watch cricket - just go away- A
> > sb

2ND EMAIL
Dear Sanjay,

I am against all forms of fascism. I am a British Asian living in London. I
work within the arts and racism is part of the fabric of the cultural
industries. I cannot always keep up with all the issues in India and
Pakistan - I do my best.

The effort I make to distribute political information , is not only limited
to to South Asia - as I live within a multicultural community in London and
feel the global tensions around me all the time. I understand that Islamic
fundamentalism is as present as Hindu, however Hindu's occupy the majority
in the sub continent - and we have witnessed the madness and the brutality
waged against Muslims by the majority in recent years.

Resistance as informed by terrorism, whether we like it or not  has a force
to empower,  and has been interpreted as a fight for freedom and tolerance
historically, and has led to change in countries all over the world:
Algeria, South Africa etc.

Prejudice comes from all sides - India's social structure is dependent on
prejudice. Prejudice has often been acquired by those who are angry and have
been racially abused -  is that such a shock to you - study Malcolm X in his
early years. Also where were you guys when whites started throwing petrol
bombs into British Asians homes in the 1960's?
Silly to blame don't you think

Anjali

1st email
> > Hi Anjali

You seem to be committed to raising awareness against fascism in south Asia
and
I have a couple questions for you.  I think your work is very important and
respect it.

My question for you is - are you against just Hindoo fascism or even Islamic
fascism?  Reason I ask is - my family (and other Hindu Sindhis) were driven
out
of it's place of work in Bombay recently by Muslims who did not want Hindus
doing business in "their" area.  Not that these Hindus moved there recently
-
they have been there for over 50 years now.  Where were you guys then?  And
how
about Godhra?  I never heard any opinion from you about what started the
Gujrat
violence (which is a massive shame getting an incredible ammount of
coverage).

So, I think your credibility would be much higher if you weren't so biased.
That's my point.

sb