[Reader-list] Radio transmissions

Aditya Nigam aditya at sarai.net
Fri Feb 1 14:36:22 IST 2002

Dear All,
Yesterday, Jan 31, 2002, we had the first internet radio transmission
linked up with the Indymedia network. The transmissions will continue over
the next three days that is, till Feb 3, 2002. These transmisions are being
synchronized with the meeting of the World Social Forum at Porto Alegre,
Brazil and there are regular transmissions from other US and European
cities during this period. The transmission from India is being done daily
from 5.30 to 6.30. We have songs, group disussions, interviews, reading s
from selected texts and recitations during the programmes daily. You can
'tune in' to the live transmissions at http://radio.indymedia.org/

We have tried to focus in the discussions on issues of war and peace,
terrorism, globalization and other related questions. Among the
participants on various days are noted personalties, activists and scholars
like Achin Vanaik, Sonia Jabbar, Arundhati Roy, Chandra Bhan Prasad, Shahid
Amin, Nivedita Menon, Yogendra Yadav, Mukul Manglik, Shahana Bhattacharya,
Ravi Sundaram, and a number of student activists from Delhi University.
Please forward this message to others who might be interested.
 regards,
AN