[Reader-list] Yet another Copyright violation [supposed...

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Mon Feb 18 01:25:12 IST 2002

Is this a case of the "forces of production" outstripping the "relations of
production". If Copyright provisions enable corporations to successfully
inhibit the technological developement that Personal Video Recorders
represent, it will mean that the profit motive has scored yet another
broadside against innovation and convenience.

Some of always knew that capitalism is'nt necessarily the great engine of
progress it is made out to be.

And if it isn't, then either we all slide downhill with it, or we make our
way beyond it to something else.