[Reader-list] SchNEWS Annual looking for copy... (fwd)

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 22 14:29:03 IST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Boyd Noorda <boyd at sociamedia.nl> -----

To: aktielijst at antenna.nl, imc-nl at indymedia.nl, climatemedia at oudenaarden.nl
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:54:34 +0100

------------------------

Call Out For Material For Next SchNEWS Annual

Its that time where we’re putting together the another SchNEWS Annual.
This year the book will be called ‘SchNEWS of the World’ - so that means
that as well as the 50 issues, and loads of other articles - there will
be an emphasis on taking those tabloid hacks on at their own game!!!

SO we are after pictures, articles, cartoons, satirical material,
subverts etc. about relevant and interesting events, actions and so on
which have happened between April 2001 - April 2002. Whether it's taking
on the corporate scum-bags head on for your land in Africa, Latin
America, central Australia or East London, and/or making positive steps
for a sustainable happy world in your local community or planet, we want
your story in the book. And if you’ve got some tabloid newspaper gags
which haven’t been done 1000 times already
 then send em in.

Your articles can be either short - accompanying a pic - or else email us
if you have an idea for an up-to-1,800 word article. Editorial deadline
will be early April 2002 but get in contact well before then. Please give
pics time/place details (and make em 300 dpi 10x12 cm jpgs if you’re
emailing em). Unless stated otherwise your material will be credited to
you, and anti-copyright (for not-for-profit use), or else you can retain
copyright. Pay - err - sorry we’re all working for free.

If you aren’t sure what SchNEWS is: it’s a free weekly direct action info
newsheet from Brighton UK. (visit http://www.schnews.org.uk ), and every
year - or 50 issues - we burn the candle at both ends and produce an
annual. Again this year it will be a 280 page B5 book, selling for around
£7, which will come out in early June.

If you have specific questions please reply to schnews at brighton.co.uk or
email us text files and jpg or tif pictures, or paper copies of things
(just be prepared to wait a few months to see them again).

Hope to hear from you soon,
John & Book Crew

-- climatemedia archive: http://www.oudenaarden.nl/lists/climatemedia
-- login: climate password: media