[Reader-list] I am Insecure

Awadhendra Sharan sharan at sarai.net
Fri May 17 11:40:24 IST 2002

It's taken me some time to respond to this mail, precisely because I had to
be certain about what can be an appropriate response.

Despite all doubts, all 'ifs' and 'buts' about the 'reality' of secularism
in India, I have no doubt that the place for minorities (and all others) is
here.  It is in the confidence to celebrate difference without prejudice,
to struggle together to obtain decency & security and in the desire for a
peaceful way of life.

This is not an agenda for a programme.  It is a reiteration of faith in the
future of a country and its people.

Awadhendra Sharan