[Reader-list] Pratap Pandey's Postings

Shuddha shuddha at sarai.net
Mon May 27 14:04:36 IST 2002

Dear Vinita,

thank you for your posting and for putting Pratap (and anyone else) who shoots off their mouth without bothering to read what they are writing about in their place.

Your description of the anti protest (many young south asian women on one side and a few old south asian men on the other side) sounds interesting. Perhaps you could tell us more about what happenned.

I have been following for some time hindu right websites and discussion groups onthe web, especially hinduunity.org, and I think that a serious and organized online assault by way of e mails and postings on these sites is in order.

I agree with Neel who says that the criticism of the right needs to be more imaginative, for one, we could start thinking about the many things (like nationalism, and a faith in the state)0 that the right and the so called left in India share.Perhaps we need to think in metaphors and inways which the right (or the existing so called left) cannot anticipate

yours

Shuddha