[Reader-list] Speech

shohini shohini at giasdl01.vsnl.net.in
Wed May 29 09:24:06 IST 2002

To critique and ask for counter-speech is not to ask for censorship. This is the critical difference between the libertarian position and the anti-censorship feminist one.

To be able to disagree without making personal attacks is certainly desirable and more constructive. Otherwise, we'll be reduced to "I don't like your face' kind of argument  that we have already seen evidence of.

Also, the cut and paste work must not stop. I have read some of the best articles that way. Thanks Ravi for the Nandy article and Abir for his many interesting postings.

Shohini