[Reader-list] Re: Reader-list digest, Vol 1 #701 - 5 msgs

mohit vohra mv09 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 21:47:20 IST 2002

Hello Supreet Sir,

I am Mohit Vohra, a Student of VIPS...BIS(H) IIIYr......i have been using LINUX Mandrake 8.1 for quite some time now...and i was wondering how do i update it to the latest version, i.e. Mandrake 9.0......

Apart from this, i have two more queries:

I have had Onboard Souncard that was previously there in my motherboard when i upgraded my comp....then i installed Creative EnSoniq Soundcard....this soundcard worked in Windows...but not in LINUX.......in LINUX..it still takes Onboard as my default soundcard....now...my question is:

How do i make Creative Souncard the default one....in place of Onboard...in order to listen to the songs from applications like XMMS??

2. I have beem using Yahoo Messenger for LINUX for quite some time now.....but i have not been able to find any MSN Messenger that can run on LINUX too,,,,

so can u please tell me if there is any site or place from where i can install MSN Messenger for LINUX?

That would be all for now.

Thank You,

Mohit Vohra

Post your ad on Yahoo! India Autos.Check out the used Maruti, Fiat and Ford models on sale now.