[Reader-list] notes- trying to look at the question of english, fascism..

Ravikant ravikant at sarai.net
Tue Nov 26 12:47:53 IST 2002

Abir,

I think Rajkamal prakashan published the novel in the original. Finding the
Hindi version is not a problem. You can go to Hindi book centre on Aruna Asaf
Ali Road, near delite cinema or to their own showroom at 1-B Netaji Subhash
Marg, Daryaganj in Delhi. I will certainly buy a couple of copies but I need
to know who translator is. Penguin does not have a great track record with
translations. They slashed eighty pages in Shrilal Shukla's fabulous satire
Rag Darbari's English version!

Ravikant