[Reader-list] Passwords

Bijoyini bijoyinic at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 03:06:54 IST 2002

Of course - especially in Windows. However, keeping a
strong passphrase is not suffucient in compromising a
machine. Take for example the Nimda virus I had in my
machine 2 weeks ago that created a backdoor to
god-knows-who :-<.

I guess my only point was that passphrases are
stronger, easier to remember and harder to crach
amongst security experts than passwords.

http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html

--Bijoyini