[Reader-list] Recent news from the Daniel Langlois Foundation - Fall 2002

Dominique Fontaine dfontaine at fondation-langlois.org
Sat Oct 12 01:12:32 IST 2002

Pour la version française :
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/f/nouvelles/index.html>

[ Apologies for cross-posting / Veuillez excuser les envois multiples ]

Recent news from the Daniel Langlois Foundation - Fall 2002

LAUNCH OF THE DVD-ROM *ANARCHIVE 2: DIGITAL SNOW*

After spending three years developing a prototype and seeking partners and
funding, we are proud to launch an electronic catalogue that brings together
a wealth of information and documentation on the Canadian artist Michael
Snow and all areas of his work.

A co-production by the Foundation and Époxy Communications, this DVD-ROM is
put out by Les Éditions du Centre Pompidou.

For further details, consult:
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/e/collection/snow/index.html>

DESCRIPTIONS AND FILES FOR PROJECTS BY INDIVIDUALS FUNDED IN 2002

Given the importance we place on making public the research and findings of
the projects we fund, we invite you to consult the files describing the
funded projects and the artists or groups of researchers involved. Fully
illustrated with photo reproductions and audio or video excerpts from past
works, the section on projects supported by the Foundation lets you explore
a whole spectrum of artistic projects at the vanguard of research in science
and technology, daring and relevant projects in our hypermediatized world.

The 2002 projects : <http://www.fondation-langlois.org/e/projets/index.html>

CHANGES TO THE PROGRAMS FOR ORGANIZATIONS

Note that the Exhibition, Distribution and Performance Program for
Organizations and the Program for Organizations from Emerging Regions have
been suspended and are being reviewed. In December, we will announce the
guidelines for the new program designed for organizations.

The program for individuals, artists or researchers remains unchanged, and
the deadline for applying is still *January 31, 2003*.

Funding programs:
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/e/programmes/index.html>

DR. GERALD O'GRADY, THE RESEARCHER IN RESIDENCE AT THE FOUNDATION'S CENTRE
FOR RESEARCH AND DOCUMENTATION (CR+D), IS IN MONTREAL TILL JANUARY 2003

A retired academic, Dr. O'Grady contributed greatly to the early years of
electronic arts by founding several departments of media studies, in
particular at the State University of New York at Buffalo. The faculty at
SUNY Buffalo included such eminent artists as the Vasulkas, Hollis Frampton,
Paul Sharits, Tony Conrad, Peter Weibel and James Blue. During his stay in
Montreal, Dr. O'Grady will help the Foundation analyze the Steina and Woody
Vasulka Archives and interpret the findings in an on-line publication by the
Foundation.

University professors in Montreal who are interested in inviting Dr. O'Grady
to address their class (in English) can contact the Foundation at:
 <info at fondation-langlois.org>

Press release:
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/e/informations/nouvelles/ogrady.html>

subject line. Thank you.