[Reader-list] Re:Harsh Kapoor /Redress Alienation in Gujarat Now (Farah Naqvi)

Dr. Reyhan Chaudhuri reyhanchaudhuri at eth.net
Sat Oct 26 00:52:04 IST 2002

                                   IMPLOSION
Gujarat burnt
but  were refugees really retrieved ?
Can State Presiders & prime poets be believed
As salvage offers and camp closures
are indefinitely spurned.

 Rather than raise a stink
One can only think ,
of one's own skin and ofcourse the kin.
Not to forget above all the darling children.
Forget the future , world, peace and harmony.
Fobbing the mob could be the best alimony.

A well wisher seriously suggested:
Don't wear the name tag on way to work,
keep it in the bag to say the least.
The driver maybe chauffeur tested
and your route may well be upper crusted
But this is India my dear friend
you never know who turns beast instead

The mob have no faces you know
they leave no trace as they go
The number which the individual replaces
The sane timbre unrest displaces.
Is swift and unrelenting
Even at the judicial hustings.

All this may sound repetitive