[Reader-list] Night is day and black is white.

Tripta tripta at sarai.net
Sun Sep 22 13:55:22 IST 2002

That's the way it is which is both intriguing and intimidating.

The night or even the day. The realms we haven't explored, the streets we
haven't walked enough, the people we haven't seen and the lack of experience
of interaction...not knowing their strengths and insecurities make you fear
them, loathe them and love them.

Not many times but quite a few nevertheless, travelling in an auto late at
night, I have wondered even he must be scared. What if a passenger attempts
to rob him, kill him or anything? That this man I am scared of maybe as
scared of everything around and strangely i feel guilty. Not for long though.

A friend of mine sent me a mail after reading mine. It's another city. It's
night. It;s a male. It's the same insecurities and similar exhilarations and
it all fits in well. so with his permission i send the excerpts from the
mail.

> Hopping from one alien city to other he steps out of the airport
> immediately lights up a cigarette, he doesn't like the taste of cigarette,
> doesn't smokes either at least that's what he tells his "friends", more
> then that hates the thirsty and porcupine throat that it leaves after doing
> its job. But still he has to light the cig.
>
> hey, I did it to tell them that I am a localite, someone who is comfortable
> smoking as soon as he steps out.
>
> he ignores hello sir
. first visit sir
 taxi sir .taxi sir and room hotel