[Reader-list] FW: [undercurrents] monitoring US academics

Jyotirmoy Chaudhuri jchaudhuri at mantraonline.com
Fri Sep 20 21:00:09 IST 2002

Apologies for cross-posting. Should interest some of you.
Sincerely,
Jyoti
----------
From: coco fusco <animas999 at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 06:28:13 -0700 (PDT)
To: undercurrents at bbs.thing.net
Subject: [undercurrents] monitoring US academics

From: Judith Butler <jpbutler at socrates.berkeley.edu>
Subject: monitoring u.s. academics

 I suggest that we volunteer our individual names to
 the think tank that wants to make a list of suspect
American academics critical of Israel.  In fact, we
 should inundate them with voluntary self-nominations.

 www.campus-watch.org

here is my suggested wording:
"I have recently learned that your organization is
compiling dossiers on professors at U.S. academic
institutions who oppose the Israeli occupation and its
brutality, actively support Palestinian rights of
 self-determination as well as a more informed and
intelligent view of Islam than is currently
represented in the U.S. media.  I would be enormously
 honored to be counted among those who actively hold
 these positions and would like to be included in the
list of those who are struggling for justice during
these times."