[Reader-list] anti-war art?

Menso Heus menso at r4k.net
Tue Apr 8 18:20:36 IST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:38:45AM -0800, Marisa S. Olson wrote:
> Dear Reader group,
>
> I am writing a long mag essay on anti-war art--interesting
> contemporary work and also the history of such work. I would love
> your notes and thoughts on examples of the above...

I'd almost forgotten to mention the most brilliant 'Propaganda Remix'
project, up at http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/PhotoAlbum1.html

They basically took propaganda posters from previous wars and adjusted
('remixed') them to become current again.

Some of my personal favorites:
http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/votebox.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/hoover.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/education.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/signage.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/noelections.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/thoughtcrime.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/cuppa.jpg

you can order prints and t-shirts from them as well :)

Menso