[Reader-list] can we have one too please?

Rana Dasgupta eye at ranadasgupta.com
Tue Apr 8 20:31:38 IST 2003

george bush's prescriptions for a post-war government in Iraq sound so good!

i wonder if we can all get a government like that.

the comments about oil are particularly astonishing.

"The oil of Iraq belongs to the Iraqi people" says Colin Powell.

treasury secretary john snow says: "This effort will ensure that the assets
and funds belonging to the Iraqi people are dedicated to the wellbeing and
benefit of their nation."

Bush has repeatedly said that it is time to remove the evil leadership of
Iraq so that the Iraqi people can live in peace and liberty and benefit from
the oil wealth that is their own.

one can only imagine that in the light of a truly miraculous conversion of
this sort that Bush will act, with a convert's zeal, to nationalise
Exxon-Mobil, Amoco, Unocal etc.

he will find it tough.  but he has never been one to be cowed by the
irrational prejudices of the unwashed masses.