[Reader-list] Multiple bomb blasts in Mumbai condemned by many organizations

Faizan Ahmed faizan at sarai.net
Tue Aug 26 12:58:56 IST 2003

Subject: [AMUNetwork] Multiple bomb blasts in Mumbai condemned by many
organizations
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:43:41 -0000
From: AMUNetwork at yahoogroups.com
To: AMUNetwork at yahoogroups.com

http://www.imc-usa.org/cgi-bin/cfm/PressRelease.cfm?PRID=61

For immediate release
August 25th, 2003

Contact: Rasheed Ahmed
Telephone: (708) 466-0244

Indian Muslim Council-USA, a Washington based advocacy group working
toward safeguarding Indian society's pluralist and tolerant ethos,
condemned the multiple bomb blasts in Mumbai, India on August 25,
2003.

According to news reports received on August 25, 2003, more than 45
innocent lives were lost when multiple bomb explosions rocked India's
financial capital, Mumbai.

Rasheed Ahmed, Vice-President of IMC-USA said, "We are always deeply
pained by such senseless acts of violence. We call
on the Indian government to arrest the perpetrators of this heinous
act and swiftly bring them to justice and seek maximum
penalty under the law. We are confident that Indian government will
not let the violence escalate to avoid further loss of
life and civility. We stand in sympathy with the families and friends
of those who lost their lives and call on all Indians to
join together and condemn all violence against innocent civilians."

Since it was founded on the independence day, August 15th, 2002, IMC-
USA has been actively promoting values of pluralism and tolernce
amongst the Indian Diaspora in the United States.
Indian Muslim Council-USA
265 Sunrise Highway,
1-355 Rockville Center, NY 11570
E mail:info at imc-usa.org
web:www.imc-usa.org

==============================

AFMI Press Release

The latest bomb blasts in Mumbai speak of the inability of the
Central Government to control law and order forces to combat
terrorism effectively in various parts of the country.

The bomb blast in Mumbai is the cowardly act, is reprehensible and
must be condemned by all those who believe in the sanctity of human
life. The American Federation of Muslims of Indian Origin (AFMI)
demand a high level probe to bring the terrorists to justice. The
occurrence of the blast at a time when the country is going to polls
in four major states clearly indicates that special interest groups
are keen to turn the electoral fight into a religious or ethnic
war. AFMI urges Muslims and all others who believe in secular ideals
of peaceful pluralism to take a stand on the issue and ensure that
those who perpetuate terrorism and those who benefit from it are not
allowed to succeed.

Among the victims were people belonging to different religious
communities. We pray to God to heal the wounds of those who survived
and give them  perseverance to overcome the grief caused by the act.
AFMI offers its condolences to all the survivors of the victims and
urges the Muslim community in Bombay and other places to remain
vigilant of those elements who might use the opportunity to promote
hatred against it.

AFMI11 at aol.com

 http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
 http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/sUXolB/TM

When posting a message please include the Subject heading and your full name,
 highest degree from Aligarh, year of graduation, and present location.
 Messages without this information will not be approved and no further
 reminders will be sent.

Visit us at: http://www.aligs.org