[Reader-list] my last month report

manju singh bhati manjupannu at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:24:12 IST 2003

Last month I informed you about my planning to go the village to
trace the old lady. To find out the location I had to go to her son
in laws place in a small colony near Ghaziabad Hapur border. Although
the house was locked , the land lady informed me that Mithilesh
,daughter of old lady, had passed away immediately after the
delivery. Her grief struck husband had also gone back to his village
, Ranauli Latifpur. I knew that the only hope of getting information
about the lady was from Ranauli Latifpur. So, the very next day I set
off for Rananli Latifpur next to Dadri. Even after reaching there it
was not easy to meet the people.  Most of them had gone to their
fields early in the morning. This is harvesting time and they here
very busy till the evening. I could talk to them only in the evening
and  for that I spent a week in Ranauli Latifpur. Apart from their
busy schedule they were very cooperative and gave me all the
information I needed. Kailash , the father in law of Mithilesh , told
me  the story of Mithilesh's troubled pregnancy and gave me the
address of her mother who had taken away her daughter's baby boy .

After six days I left for Chohadpur village 16 kilometers away from
Surajpur in Gautam budh district. Chohadpur is 61 year old Shanti
Devi's in Laws' place. She has been living here with her younger
sister in law. Shanti conceived after 15 years of menopause. She
already had 4 grownup children and the fifth one is 4 months old. In
this old age destiny has given her responsibility of 2 children (one
from her daughter). But she is happy about  the fact that both are
boys. The lady is  very shy by  nature . Her husband is very proud of
his manhood. He gives all the credit to his libido even in this old
age. Apart from talking to Shanti, I also talked to many other people
around and close relatives .