[Reader-list] march for peace, march 5th

zehra rizvi fatimazehrarizvi at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 28 03:44:29 IST 2003

sorry for any cross posting :)
zehra.

  Religious Leaders, and Not in Our Name

  We rallied on February 15 -- and NOW WE WILL MARCH IN PEACE to prevent
  this
  war! Our march will be in conjunction with a national day of action,
  including student actions taking place on over 300 campuses around the
  country.

  Senators Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer voted "yes" on the
  resolution to
  send our country into war on Iraq. They must be held accountable!
  Let's
  show
  them that New Yorkers say NO to war!

  Join us for a legal candlelight march on the sidewalks of OUR city,
  led
  by
  community, religious, political and labor leaders. We will begin
  outside
  Hillary Clinton's office (780 Third Ave. @ 47th), proceed downtown
  past
  Chuck Schumer's office (757 Third Ave. @ 46th), and march peacefully
  from
  there to Washington Square Park for a candlelight vigil.

  For more information, contact plaarman at judson.org or Chomsky17 at aol.com

  For more information on the March 5 student strike, see
  http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=662

  For more information on the March 5 national moratorium, contact
  religiousforum at hotmail.com or see
  http://www.notinourname.net/call_for_the_moratorium.html

  ==============================
  Plans are also underway for a big UFPJ NYC anti-war march in a few
  weeks. If
  you would like to work on either or both of these two mobilizations,
  come to
  an organizing meeting on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 6:30PM, 330 W. 42nd
  Street,
  8th floor.

  To get involved with organizing this and other United for Peace and
  Justice
  events in New York City, join our new low-volume organizing
  announcements
  listserve by sending a blank email to:
  ufpjnyc-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

  To volunteer with United for Peace and Justice in NYC, send a blank
  email to
  nycvolunteers-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

  To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list, go to
  http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email.php

  United for Peace and Justice NYC
  (646) 473-8935