[Reader-list] Thanda matlab coca cola - part 2

Yazad Jal yazadjal at vsnl.net
Mon Jan 6 11:54:49 IST 2003

Very interesting, just a few questions.

1. What is the source of the data? "75% of Americans are chronically
dehydrated" is a major statement to make. Is there research to back it up?
Maybe a citation would help.

2. I hold no brief for the Coca-Cola Company. But why single out Coke? Do
Pepsi / Thums Up etc not fall in the same category? Are they devoid of all
the fantastic "benefits" Coke gives us? What about non-cola aerated drinks
like Limca / Fanta / 7 Up etc? What about non-aerated soft drinks like
Rasna? On a closer reading this sounds like a smear campaign against Coke.
Maybe the focus should be on the generic category, or on _all_ brands within
the category. If only Coke and not say Pepsi has all these harmful effects,
then perhaps one should state that.

These are very serious statements. I would like to know more about the
research on which it is based.

-yazad