[Reader-list] Visas for Nirvana

Lehar .. lehar_hind at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 11 22:21:54 IST 2003

dear friends
a piece on the meaning of our present world.. and the
Great Nation State..
love..peace
Lehar.

Visas for Nirvana/Moksha
By Lehar

Name: Sanghamitra
Profession: wanderer
Purpose of visit: living the Dhamma
Father’s name:  Ashoka priyadarshi
Goods to declare: None
You are hereby given permission to stay for 3 weeks
following which
you’ll
be asked to renew your visa.

Imagine, this would be the scenario if Ashoka’s
daughter Sanghamitra,
who
went to Sri Lanka to preach Buddhism were around.
For this is one caste, One identity, which even The
Enlightened One
cannot
free you from. Dalits can move caste by embracing
Buddhism or Sikhism
or
whatever 'ism'..Persians traveled and settled in
Jhumritalayya and
caste
Hindus crossed seas and settled in Singh pur
(singapore)
But this is one tag which never leaves you.. The tag
of the nation
state.
Defy it and you’ll be punished for treason.
You may not be a murderer. But you’ll get fate worse
than..
The Gurus spoke of the One Truth ..
casteless..Boundary less..Ek
Omkar..They
would never thought of the nation state.

In the name of the nation state poor Kashmiris are
being turned into
guinea
pigs while Two Nations test their Theory.
And what’s Mr. Roshan Lal Sethi of Rawalpindi and
‘assi te Hindu pathan
hegge’ doing in Paschim Vihar? The nation state drove
out him from his
home.
And what’s Lallan mian of Moradabad got to do with
Karachi? He’d rather
starve than live in the midst of those fiery
punjabis/pathans and no
tarbuz
(water melons)..why do you think he cultivates his ‘Do
bigha zameen’
and
gets called a minority (a muhajir on the other side)
on top of that?

It’s the Mother of all identities/ insertions..into
ones identity.
Of course everyone their loves their mother. And the
land of one birth
is
one’s mother. But never has one’s mother been used for
such laughable
and
ulterior motives.. We leave our mother behind when we
enter the
monastry..and don’t carry her on our head to the
temple or the
mosque..We
don’t need to do that to show that we love her.. But
in the nation
state's
case we do.

The sense of identification.. which all seers/
Spiritual have been
trying to
break . for aeons.. Detach. Detach. break the caste
thread..Do not
identify..with this body..this name..this caste.. this
self.. all goes
naught..when one is confronted with the Big I.
Wars are fought in its name and millions slaughtered
with clinical
precision, in its glory.
Countries enslave others and ravage their soil.. to
enrich it. Dwarfs
become
enslavers to protect its boundaries..of with us or
against us..