[Reader-list] is bhangra pop taking over?

zehra rizvi fatimazehrarizvi at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 01:48:49 IST 2003

see also this months vybe magazine (probably online in some
version..)...whole article on bhangra/hip hop/desi style music...its an
american magazine but they make some references to the music scene in the
UK.

has anyone on the list read that piece in vybe?  if so, any comments?

zehra.

ps.  i dont think MC Panjabi will be the salman rushdie of pop.  i think in
terms of music, theres still some (not much though!) time left for that to
happen.  and i think its going to be a rapper, not mc panjabi.

:)