[Reader-list] Dharmaputra, son of Bano and Savitri

Ravikant ravikant at sarai.net
Thu Jan 23 12:17:40 IST 2003

On Thursday 23 Jan 2003 12:13 am, Lehar .. wrote:
> Friends
> You inputs are welcome if you have seen this amazing
> film, fresh and relevant as ever to contemporary
> India, based upon Tagore's classic, GOra.

I have seen the film. It is not so well known as the other films on the
Partition genre such as 'Meghe Dhaka Tara' and 'Gram Hawa'. I quite liked it.
However, to piont a minor inaccuracy in the posting, BR Chopra's 'Dharmputa'
is based on the eponymous novel written by Acharya Chatursen and not on
Tagore's 'Gora'.

Cheers
ravikant