[Reader-list] delhi-just a cluster of villages?

zarine habeeb zarinehabeeb at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 12:04:04 IST 2003

Hi everyone,

I am new to this list and thought it was only proper that I introduce myself. I am Zarine Habeeb, who is presently in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United states but will be moving to Budapest, Hungary soon. I lived in Delhi for some time and was very intrigued by how neatly divided the city was. Is there a comparison between the posh South extension and the Kidwai Nagar? My little "theory" was that Delhi is not a city but a cluster of several villages. Of course, each village needed the other. So, you would go to chandni chowk from south delhi for jewellery and those yummy parathas but otherwise, chandini chowk is dubbed as dirty and polluted and riksha wallah "infested".I would love to hear what others have to say about this.

peace,
zarine