[Reader-list] server managers' tricks?

saberwal saberwal at bol.net.in
Wed Jul 16 18:30:15 IST 2003

An e-mail from Lahore to Delhi last week came through as follows:
1.  message severely truncated;   2.  the above message repeated and
a hard-to-delete virus attached - which was recognised by my
anti-virus program.   Furthermore, the sender's address from Lahore,
which ends with "pk", was replaced with "vsnl.com" - so that when I
used the "reply to sender" option with the first version, message
came back because the addressee could, of course, not be traced!   It
is unlikely that I was singled out for the trickster's attention.
Is someone at the server disrupting messages between Pakistan and
India systematically?   Satish Saberwal