[Reader-list] A Call for Entries << Crimson Feet, Forums for Independent being >>

Prayas sonnet at crimsonfeet.org
Sat Jun 7 13:51:03 IST 2003

Crimson Feet (www.crimsonfeet.org) is an organization working for the promotion and development of independent media in India. We publish a literary magazine and host film-festivals in different cities in India. This is a 'call for entries' which elaborates upon our different programs open at present and the spaces for content/media in them. All relevant dates are mentioned.

Crimson Feet: Poetry and Story, No. 3 -A bi-monthly journal of independent art and literature

Our third issue comes out in July. We are seeing Poetry, Short-fiction, Essays, Visual Art (photographs, paintings, animation) for it. Our third issue is going to be online as well as in print. If you are sending your work for the third issue please send it by June 25th, 2003. We will consider all work received after that for our fourth issue (September 2003).
We consider work in all Indian languages besides English. If a translation is made available by the writer/poet it is most convenient.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Site: http://magazine.crimsonfeet.org OR http://www.crimsonfeet.org/magazine/index.htm

Email: sonnet at crimsonfeet.org , submissions at crimsonfeet.org

Phone: 9890043871 (Pune, India)

Crimson Feet Fireworks - A festival of independent film and video, Pune

We are a festival of independent films and videos made by Indian film-makers. Our first screening at Ahmedabad (Natarani Theater, May 25-27, 2003) was received very well by the audience and the media. We had six film-makers participating in the screening. (http://www.crimsonfeet.org/events.htm)

In our Pune screening we will be showing at least 25 films. The only criteria is independence.

'an independent film' is defined as "projects made with the total control of the film-maker. affiliated with neither any major 'established (mass-market, market-driven)' studio, or producer or director. The funding for which has been either personal, grant-based, or friendly. Films independent, and original in spirit"...."

For participating in the festival, please send a note about your film/video to sonnet at crimsonfeet.org and a preview VCD to:

Prayas Abhinav
c/o H Y Kulkarni
"Seetai"
B-17 Manmohan Society
Karvenagar
Pune 411052
Phone 9890042871

The Pune event is scheduled for two months later. All film-makers are welcome to come to Pune for the festival. We provide accommodations (in Pune) and local conveyance to all participating film-makers.

We look forward to seeing your work soon.

The Crimson Feet Fireworks-Natarani Children's animation film festival

We are organizing a children's animation film festival along with Natarani, Ahmedabad. Natarani is a theater, which along with Darpana Acaademy (www.darpana.com) is also working to promote independent artists and performers.

The festival will be in Ahmedabad at Natarani theater in October, 2003.

It will be open to films by independent/individual film-makers, films by companies/studios will not be accepted.

For participating please please send a short note to sonnet at crimsonfeet.org and a preview VCD to:

Prayas Abhinav
c/o H Y Kulkarni
"Seetai"
B-17 Manmohan Society
Karvenagar
Pune 411052
Phone 9890042871

We provide accommodations (in Ahmedabad) and local conveyance to all participating film-makers.

We look forward to seeing your work soon.

<< Crimson Feet (www.crimsonfeet.org) ; Forums for Independent being >>