[Reader-list] War and the commodification of women as 'booty'.

Harsh Kapoor aiindex at mnet.fr
Fri Jun 13 06:31:50 IST 2003

BBC News, 4 June, 2003

Free sex offer for US troops

The first 50 soldiers to arrive will receive a free sex pack

A US brothel is offering free sex to US troops who took part in the
war against Iraq to thank them for their endeavours abroad.

The Moonlight Bunnyranch in Carson City, Nevada, where brothels are
legal, has produced a more erotic version of the standard TA-50 army
kits issued to troops headed into battle.

Instead of a compass, toothbrush and soap, the pack handed to
soldiers who turn up at the brothel includes condoms, lubricant and a
free sex session - with a value of up to $1,000.

"We wanted to show our appreciation for everything they've done,"
Dennis Hof, the proprietor, told BBC News Online. "We wanted to give
these guys some special care and attention."

Mr Hof said the idea had been put to him by one of his female
employees, who had served in the war.

The TA-50 offer is open to the first 50 soldiers who turn up at the brothel.

But all is not lost for those who arrive late. The Moonlight
Bunnyranch is offering a 50% discount on all its services to
servicemen and women for 50 days after the first offer expires.

Mr Hof said he was also considering a special offer for British
troops who took part in the war against Iraq.

"It would be really great to get those guys to come over to the
Bunnyranch," he said.