[Reader-list] [Announcements] Zizek lecture in New York

abir bazaz abirbazaz at rediffmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:48:54 IST 2003

"Perhaps, there is no greater love than that of a revolutionary couple," writes Zizek, "where each of the two lovers is ready to abandon the other at any moment if revolution demands it. It is along these lines that one should look for the non-perverse reading of Christ’s sacrifice, of his message to Judas: ‘Prove to me that I am everything to you, SO BETRAY ME on behalf of the revolutionary mission of both of us!’" Zizek, the ever prolific writer, will expound on this theme and, as always, apply his dazzling thinking to current events and any number of other issues in a question-and-answer session after the lecture. Josefina Ayerza, the editor and publisher of Lacanian Ink, will read an introductory paper.

Slavoj Zizek, the world-renowned philosopher and cultural theorist, will be holding his regular, biannual town meeting in New York City on March 10th at Deitch Projects (18 Wooster Street) in conjunction with the publication of Lacanian Ink 21. The subject of his lecture this time is "Love without Mercy."

Event:
SLAVOJ ZIZEK
lecture: "LOVE WITHOUT MERCY"

Date: