[Reader-list] anti-war protests in the US

zehra rizvi fatimazehrarizvi at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 22 00:35:28 IST 2003

i cant believe they didnt even mention times sqaure!!!  yesterday, rainy and
horrible as it was, everywhere i went, everyone was saying, times square,
five o clock....
union sqaure is not a big space and also, its easier for the police to stand
there and keep 'control'.  in the morning, (i work by union square) coming
out of the subway, i saw about 40 cops standing there...no people, just
cops...later, as the afternoon wore on, more and more people gathered..
i dont know numbers on times square but we did manage to stop traffice and
immoblize that part of the city for a bit.
there was a candlenight vigil in washington square park after (downtown, in
the heart of the nyu campus) that was supposed to start at 8 but till 8 30
there was only about 30 of us.

let's see what happens on the 22nd.

philly was amazing, it made the news here.  nyc protest got VERY little
coverage and the numbers were wrong.  we had arrests and some violence but
again, i havent been able to hear or read much about it.

z.rizvi