[Reader-list] anti-war/anti-cnn protest in bombay on 26th...

Sanjay Bhangar sanjayb at hotpop.com
Tue Mar 25 02:12:17 IST 2003

Hey,

Enough is enough. The war has started, people are being maimed, the oil for
blood campaign is in full-swing. What is also happening is people are waking
up - millions of people from around the World are taking to the streets,
doing their bit in saying, NO, we will not, as a civilization, accept this
unjust war.

We are a group of students in Bombay who feel that it would just be wrong
and immoral not to do something, to stand for what we believe to be right.
We also believe that possibly the only way there can be real change, the
only way people can realize the magnitude of the crimes being commited in
the name of "freedom", is if they get real information, and not propaganda
being disguised as "news" on CNN.

So, here's the plan, we hope as many of you can make it...
We meet outside St. Xavier's College at 11 AM on the 26th - do carry signs,
flyers you may want to distribute, uhh.. anything really..
The idea is to walk to different media houses (TOI, Indian Express, Mid-Day,
etc.) and on the way, distribute flyers, show signs and talk to people about
alternative sources of information, online and otherwise, and basically
appeal to people to turn off their propaganda sets...

Below is just a few examples of websites that do offer alternative
information and some "real" news... by no means a complete listing...
www.indymedia.org
www.whatreallyhappened.com
www.unknownnews.net
www.iraqjournal.org
www.truthout.org
www.antiwar.com
www.commondreams.org
ok, i'll stop here... but do explore, find your own spaces...

"If you watch CNN for ten minutes, you'll begin to believe that America is
doing what they do for the 'greater good' of humanity. If you can get
yourself to watch it for an hour, you might want to congratulate Bush on his
excellent policies. You'll never know how many innocent people have been
killed, how many homes have been blasted into oblivion, how many children
are in hospital wards fighting for a life that might not have any future at
all."
-A.S.A.P (Associaion of Students Against Propoganda)