[Reader-list] ANOUNCEMENT--Sangha Mitra, Bangalore's LGBT Magazine--Accepting submissions

Sangha Mitra sanghamitramag at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 27 23:17:28 IST 2003

SANGHA MITRA--DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 24/4/03

Dear friends,

I am happy to anounce that Sangha Mitra, Bangalore's
annual LGBT magazine, is accepting submissions for its
upcoming issue. This will be the fourth publication of
Sangha Mitra, which has historically been distributed
to the Bangalore community in print and on the
internet. We hope that this year's issue will reach
and include an audience from beyond Bangalore as well.
You can view or download last year's issue from this
address (you will need Adobe Acrobat to open the
file):

http://www.geocities.com/goodasyoubangalore/attachments/sanghamitraissue3.pdf

This year's issue promises to include a diversity of
articles, including personal stories, non fiction
articles, poetry, fiction, photographs and whatever
else the community and its friends around India would
like to submit. Themes we are expecting to include
will be: religion and homosexuality, being out in the
workplace, being out in school, book or film reviews,
interviews and more. Any ideas or suggestions are
welcomed! There are many voices to be heard and many
stories to tell.

Submissions are open to the LGBT community and its
friends around India, and you may remain anonymous
(many have in the past).

If you would like to donate money to support Sangha
Mitra's publication, please contact this email.
Currently, we have very little and would like to be
able to afford quality printing and an issue to be
translated into Kannada.

If you have any submissions, donations or ideas for
the magazine besides a submission, please contact me,
your friendly Editor, at this email address:

sanghamitramag at yahoo.co.in

The deadline for submissions is Thursday April 24.
Please submit your articles, photos or drawings by
this date. Please forward this email to any person or
group who may be interested.

...in peace and solidarity.

[For more information regarding the group that puts
Sangha Mitra together, Good As You, please see:

http://www.geocities.com/goodasyoubangalore/ ]