[Reader-list] RALLY TOGETHER to STOP RAPE - Sat 15th Nov

vani and suro vanisuro at vsnl.net
Thu Nov 13 12:35:20 IST 2003

CALL FROM WOMEN"S GROUPS IN DELHI! Please forward.

Dear friends

We would like to invite you to join us this Saturday in the rally protesting against a recent spate of rapes in the capital.

This is a part of a joint campaign of which Saheli is one of the 15 or so groups who have organised the event. We are coming together at RAJGHAT AT 3.00 p.m. ON 15th NOVEMBER 2003. We will walk from there to ITO bridge and continue to demonstrate near the ITO overbridge on
Bahadurshaha Zaffar Marg.

The idea is for all of us to wear RED or BLACK coloured clothes as far as possible and bring placards which say:

SAFE STREETS; SAFE BUSES; SAFE HOMES; SAFE COLLEGES; SAFE OFFICES; SAFE FACTORIES etc.

The organising groups will bring in large banners saying STOP RAPE, BALATKAAR ROKO; and SPEAK OUT DELHI , DILLI CHUPPI TODO.

We hope you will turn up with all your strength. Please inform others also who will be interested in joining hands. Both men and women are invited to be together in this issue of protesting against the
despicable situation women in the city are facing.

See you at Rajghat on Saturday.

>From all of us in Saheli
on behalf of the joint campaign