[Reader-list] The Henan AIDS epidemic

Asthana, Rahul Rahul.Asthana at CIBC.com
Thu Apr 8 03:43:38 IST 2004

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/sandt/henan-hiv.htm
Maybe you know about this.I learned of it just now.
Horrific disregard of Human life.About a million infected(according to
unofficial sources)from unregulated selling of blood
in Henan,China.As to my knowledge, no bueraucratic heads have rolled.I
remember, death of a handful of SARS patients in Canada created a nation
wide stir.
The importance of Human life has gone down drastically and this seems to be
a pattern in the Eastern World.
Is this callousness an offshoot of excess population?